About Africa Nazarene University (ANU) Distance Learning
About Africa Nazarene University (ANU) Distance Learning – Details:
The About Africa Nazarene University (ANU) Distance Learning
Rebecca Mwikali Wambua
Mission & Vision
Africa Nazarene University’s vision is to be a light to the people of Africa through higher education grounded in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition.
Our Motto in IODL is “To Teach to Serve”.
Distance Learning @ANU
Under distance learning;
- All online teaching and learning take place in an online environment. The students can log in at any time at their convenience. Once online the students are able to communicate with their instructors and fellow students, read assigned texts, access digital materials, post assignments and participate in discussion forums us directed by the Instructor.
- All online experience takes place on an advanced learning management system designed to facilitate the optimal learning experience for students. Similar to the campus classroom, the online experience includes extensive participation and interaction with faculty and students.
- Once a distance learner has completed his/her degree, he will be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony at Africa Nazarene University graduation grounds.
- The degree you earn will hold the same value, acceptance and credibility as any equivalent degree earned in a traditional campus environment.
- Courses sequence begin at the beginning of every trimester in January, May and September.
The 24/7 accessibility to our virtual learning environment, Enaz makes scheduling easy and allows a greater number of students from all over the world to attend classes online at their convenience. The ANU IODL Enaz platform is being hosted in Kansas City, USA with an uptime of 96%.
Benefits of Distance Learning at Africa Nazarene University, IODL
- Learning is self-placed and gives students a chance to speed up or slow down as desired.
- Overall students costs are reduced as the distance learner does not have to pay for food, residence and transport.
- Through our distance learning program the students’ computer and internet skill are enhanced.
- Our didactical and pedagogical principles are solid and are grounded on sound educational theories.
- Our courses are accessible on the student’s schedule 24/7 on Enaz Platform.
- Learning through our DL programs is self-placed.
- Our students are unbound by place. They can study at home, at work or on the road.
- Our rich e-resources repositories enables students to read materials online or download them for reading later.
- Our chosen technological tools on our virtual learning environment make collaboration among students much easier. Collaborative learning on our VLE makes learning easier and interesting as our learners are connected virtually.
- We emphasisze the use of open educational resources which puts the global learning opportunities at the fingertips of our learners. IODL gives the lecturers ability to build in tools that take them to resources that may never be seen in a traditional class.
- The cornerstone of our distance learning program is;“Flexibility, Convenience and collaboration.”
Duration of Programs
|Program||Duration in Years||Duration in Trimesters|
|Diploma||1 Year 4 Months||4|
Regional Centers & Offices
Africa Nazarene University (general enquiries) (254) 733 874 111 or 733 898, 573
List Of Public Universities
University of Nairobi
Multimedia University of Kenya
Meru University of Science and Technology
Muranga University of Technology
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Technical University Of Mombasa TUM Karibu
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
South Eastern Kenya University
University of Kabianga
University Of Eldoret
List Of Private universities
United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
Mount Kenya University (MKU)
Uzima University College
Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
University of Eastern Africa Baraton (UEAB)
Africa Nazarene University
Scott Christian University
KAG East University
Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology
Pan Africa Christian University
Kenya Methodist University
Adventist University of Africa
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
Presbyterian University of East Africa
St. Paul’s University
Africa International University
Management University of Africa
Amref International University (AMIU)
KUCCPS Student Portal : KUCCPS Application Portal
List Of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institutions
Africa Digital Media Institute
AirSwiss International College
Amboseli Institute of Hospitality and Technology
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT)- Nairobi
Adept College of Professional Studies – Nakuru
African Institute of Research and Development Studies, Bandari College
Baraton Teachers’ Training College – Nandi Central Kapsabet
Cascade Institute of Hospitality – Thika
Eldoret Polytechnic – Eldoret
Emma Daniel Arts Training Institute (EDATI)
Gusii Institute of Technology
Kisii National Polytechnic
Harvard Institute of Development Studies
ICT Fire and Rescue – Thika
International Centre of Technology (ICT-Thika)
Intraglobal Training Institute
Jaffery Institute of Professional Studies
Kabete National Polytechnic
Kagumo Teachers Training College
Kaiboi Technical Training Institute