About Great Lakes University of Kisumu GLUK
About Great Lakes University of Kisumu GLUK | see details below:
Origin and Evolution of the idea
The idea of establishing the Great Lakes University of Kisumu originated in the Tropical Institute of Community Health and Development (TICH) in Africa, which spearheaded the application for authority to operate as a university.
All About Great Lakes University of Kisumu GLUK
The establishment of TICH was inspired by a number of sources expressing the need for a formal course in Community Based Health Care leading to a recognized academic qualification. Such a course would be offered by an academic institution that could effectively weave together theoretical, evidence based and practical hands-on analytical skills training into development, conducted in learning sites located in the community, civil society, industry and public institutions.
It was thought that an Institute with the freedom to innovate but linked to an established University would be the best base for such a training program.
To be a centre of excellence in teaching, research and service provision towards empowering communities in the Great Lakes region and beyond, bridging academics with community and institutional based development for healthy, peaceful, prosperous and sustainable development.
The mission for GLUK is the development of effective concerned managers, leaders with a vision for effective transformation of socio-economic development in the Great Lakes Region of Eastern Africa and beyond.
Our Core Values
Gluk’s core values and principles revolve around upholding the dignity of all people through:
- Responsible and prudent stewardship and accountability of resources
- Maintaining high standards of integrity and honesty;
- Promoting justice in health and development, sensitive to marginalizing factors
- Promoting inclusive democratic participation
- Mutual respect in diversity
- Building healthy, inclusive communities in diversity.
To be a centre of excellence in teaching, research service provision towards empowerment of communities
THE QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
Great Lakes University of Kisumu is a university of excellence committed to providing quality programs in training, research and community service. To realise these, the University offers customer focused, accessible, equitable and inclusive education through continuous, monitoring and regular review in compliance with global standards
QUALITY POLICY OBJECTIVES
- To provide quality university education and professional training compliant with global standards.
- To document four best research project practices and disseminate through peer review journals in a year
- To undertake and document at least three community service programs per faculty in a year
- To forge three academic and investment partnerships, linkages and networks in a year
- To undertake one productive investment flagship project towards the long term endowment and sustainability of the university in a year.
Contact Information for Great Lakes University Of Kisumu (GLUK)
|1||Main Campus||254 57 2023972/2024871, email@example.com|
|2||Nairobi Campus||254 57 2023972/2024871, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Kisumu Town Campus – Milimani||254 57 2023972/2024871, email@example.com|
List Of Public Universities
List Of Private universities