About Kenya Technical Trainers College
About Kenya Technical Trainers College | History of Kenya Technical Trainers College , Kenya Technical Trainers College Mission and Vision and its Core Values. See details below…
HISTORY OF KTTC
The Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) is a Government Institution under the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology. KTTC was established with the primary objective of training technically skilled personnel, to not only teach in Technical Institutions, but, also for employment in all sectors of the economy. With the mushrooming of Harambee Institutes (HITS); introduction of Technical Training Institutes, opening of private and other Government Training Institutes, the demand for technical teachers increased. As a result the Kenya Government held discussions with the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) between 1973 and 1978.
The Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) opened its doors to the first students in 1978. The then president, H.E. Daniel T. Arap Moi, EGH, MP officially opened the college on 16th March 1979. Since then, the college has contunued to develop, in terms of courses and student enrollment. It is among the leading colleges of this kind in Eastern and Central Africa. KTTCderives its authority from the Education Act Cap 211 (revised in 1980) and Legal Notice N0 242 of 1978, which mandates it to train technical teachers for technical institutions in the country.
Initially, the bulk of teaching staffs were canadians. However, immediate steps were taken by CIDA to train Kenyans in Canadian Universities. Between 1978-1993 about 135 Kenyans effectively replaced Canadian teaching staff at the Kenya Technical Teachers College. This was one of the most succcessful CIDA projects in Kenya. The first graduation was held in 1979.
The core functions of KTTC are as follows:
- Training of Technical Trainers to teach in secondary schools and tertiary institutions.
- Implementation of various syllabi under TIVET Programs in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Development of relevant syllabi for technical training in collaboration with stakeholders.
- To develop, administer and process examinations and award certificates, diploma, and higher diploma to successful candidates.
- Development and implementation of curricula in response to demands of the labor market.
- Promotion of entrepreneurial skill and culture within the KTTC staff and students.
- Undertaking of Income generating activities through production, consultancy, and tailor made short courses, part-time courses, facility hiring and hospitality services to complement government grants and fees revenue.
- To conduct applied research and promote innovation.
To foster linkages with industry and other institutions for promotion of quality and relevant training.
Vision of KTTC
A first class Institution in Technical Teacher Education and Technology.
To provide quality training in technical teacher education and technology by offering relevant programmes.
Training of technical teachers for all technical training institution in the country.
Our core values
- Transparency and Accountability
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Innovation and Creativity
- Quality Service Delivery
- Diligence and Commitment to Duty
- Efficiency and Timeliness
- Flexibility in Service Delivery
List Of Public Universities
University of Nairobi
Multimedia University of Kenya
Meru University of Science and Technology
Muranga University of Technology
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Technical University Of Mombasa TUM Karibu
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
South Eastern Kenya University
University of Kabianga
University Of Eldoret
List Of Private universities
United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
Mount Kenya University (MKU)
Uzima University College
Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
University of Eastern Africa Baraton (UEAB)
Africa Nazarene University
Scott Christian University
KAG East University
Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology
Pan Africa Christian University
Kenya Methodist University
Adventist University of Africa
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
Presbyterian University of East Africa
St. Paul’s University
Africa International University
Management University of Africa
Amref International University (AMIU)
KUCCPS Student Portal : KUCCPS Application Portal