About St. Paul’s University (SPU)
About St. Paul’s University (SPU) | About St. Paul’s University (SPU) – Check Below:
St. Paul’s University is an ecumenical private chartered university founded in 1903. It is strategically located in the lush Kiambu County along Nairobi-Limuru Route A, 30kms from Nairobi, next to Jumuia Conference and Country Home with other campuses in Nairobi, Nakuru and Machakos.
It is in a cool and serene environment that is very conducive for the learning process. The University is an internationally recognized private institution that provides education to over 6000 students at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The Christian Principles and perspectives on life and a student body and faculty that represent different countries provide a diversity that enriches learning and your stay at the University.
After meeting the set requirements, St. Paul’s was registered as a private University by the Commission for Higher Education, thus formally allowing it to offer its own degree programmes. The University was awarded its charter on September 14, 2007 by His Excellency Hon. Mwai Kibaki, C.G.H., M.P., President and Commander in- Chief of the Defense Forces of the Republic of Kenya.
Read Also: History Of St. Paul’s University
- Limuru Campus- Main
- Nairobi Campus- Church House & Nation Centre
- Nakuru Campus- Next to ACK Cathedral
- Machakos Campus- ACK Cathedral Building
A University of Academic Excellence Based on Christian Principles Producing Graduates in Various Fields for Global Service.
To Develop Servant Leaders by Imparting Knowledge, Skills and Values Through Creative Methods of Education, Research and Christian Spiritual Formation.
The university will enhance a culture in which staff and students are responsibly self-driven as a consequence of internalizing self-prescribed institutional values as indicated in the Strategic Plan.
The University will always foster to develop respect for truth and lasting values and service to each other by implementing the following values:-
- Professionalism: The University shall uphold high quality academic status, ethical and quality standards in terms of recruitment, admission and services provided to enhance professional competence by providing the highest level of education to all.
- Ecumenism: The University shall respect and honour the diverse denominational backgrounds of our students and staff. The university community shall encourage openness and respect for different religious traditions, and seek to work in partnership with like-minded groups for the development of the university.
- Integrity: The University shall strive to be transparent and accountable in all its areas of operation. It shall appreciate and reward exemplarily services at all times thereby promoting accountability by encouraging openness and fairness to one another and among all stakeholders.
- Partnership: The University shall create an environment where all stakeholders in the University share decision-making, and appreciate the benefit of synergy. The university shall strive to create this partnership though a team spirit that supports each other as we perform different functions for our common vision and mission.
- Equity: The University will promote good citizenship, for we believe that we are all made in God’s image. We treat other parties with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Customer Centric: The University shall ensure commitment to achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction and provide our students and staff a positive experience in all our work processes by adopting a mind-set and attitude whereby satisfying the customer is the number one goal. This will include taking into consideration the working relationships among all employees and treating every member of staff as a customer in an effort to inspire, encourage development, and transform work as well as customer experience.
Read Also: History Of St. Paul’s University
Objectives of the University
The objectives of St. Paul’s University are:
- to provide directly or in collaboration with other institutions university education which leads to intellectual maturity and Christian spiritual formation of the students,
- to guide students to understand their individual needs and talents and to develop their potential for productive life and service,
- to preserve, produce, process, transmit and disseminate knowledge and stimulate the intellectual life and culturally relevant development of society,
- to conduct research and encourage the conduct of research which enhances human knowledge and promotes quality service to humanity,
- to play an effective role in the development and expansion of Christian university education in Kenya and Africa, and
- to develop in students a deeper understanding of traditional and modern Africa, and to equip them effectively to provide a Christian approach to the social, economic and political development of the African continent.
List Of Public Universities
University of Nairobi
Multimedia University of Kenya
Meru University of Science and Technology
Muranga University of Technology
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Technical University Of Mombasa TUM Karibu
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
South Eastern Kenya University
University of Kabianga
University Of Eldoret
List Of Private universities
United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
Mount Kenya University (MKU)
Uzima University College
Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
University of Eastern Africa Baraton (UEAB)
Africa Nazarene University
Scott Christian University
KAG East University
Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology
Pan Africa Christian University
Kenya Methodist University
Adventist University of Africa
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
Presbyterian University of East Africa
St. Paul’s University
Africa International University
Management University of Africa
Amref International University (AMIU)
KUCCPS Student Portal : KUCCPS Application Portal
List Of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institutions
Africa Digital Media Institute
AirSwiss International College
Amboseli Institute of Hospitality and Technology
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT)- Nairobi
Adept College of Professional Studies – Nakuru
African Institute of Research and Development Studies, Bandari College
Baraton Teachers’ Training College – Nandi Central Kapsabet
Cascade Institute of Hospitality – Thika
Eldoret Polytechnic – Eldoret
Emma Daniel Arts Training Institute (EDATI)
Gusii Institute of Technology
Kisii National Polytechnic
Harvard Institute of Development Studies – Thika
ICT Fire and Rescue – Thika
International Centre of Technology (ICT-Thika)
Intraglobal Training Institute
Jaffery Institute of Professional Studies – Mombasa
Kabete National Polytechnic
Kagumo Teachers Training College
Kaiboi Technical Training Institute