Chuka University Distance Learning
Chuka University Distance Learning | Read details of Chuka University Distance Learning Courses , About Chuka University Distance Learning …Chuka University Distance Learning Contacts and Chuka University Distance Learning Fee Structure.
About Chuka University Distance Learning
Distance education is any teaching and learning process in which all or most of the teaching is conducted by someone separated by space and/or time from the learner, with the effect that all or most of the communication between teachers and learners is through media, either electronic or printed technologies. The rationale for distance education has been to open opportunity for learners to study regardless of geographic, socio-economic or other constraints. The openness of distance education is seen in relatively flexible organizational structures, delivery and communication patterns, and use of various technologies in support of learning. ODEL allows learners and facilitators to respond and adapt better to the emerging technology and changing landscape of education in the 21st century. ODEL is therefore committed to meeting the changing needs of our society by developing learning opportunities that increase learners’ access, support, success, and provides quality instruction.
To be a leader in the provision of quality education to diverse community by utilizing flexible modes and modern learning technology for national development
To increase accessibility to affordable and relevant higher education by the society through flexible instructional modes of delivery and modern learning technologies.
To establish, develop, implement, organize, manage and oversee all Open, Distance and e-Learning programmes in Chuka University.
1. To ascertain possession of appropriate skills, competency levels, course prerequisites and equipment required for ODEL learning.
2. To assume responsibility for contacting assigned facilitator.
3. To complete all assignments according to the course schedule.
4. To observe the relevant university guidelines, rules and regulations.
5. To avail oneself for orientation and end-of-semester examinations promptly.
6. To familiarize with support services offered by the university including the library services.
1. All courses offered will be consistent with the level, nature and mission of the institution.
2. When a course is delivered through ODEL programme, it will carry the same course code and title and credit factor as other CU programmes.
3. Each student enrolled in ODEL course shall have access to all the academic support services and instructional equipment. Support services may include but not limited to academic advising, counseling, library services and tutoring services. Students are advised with respect to course selection and academic progress.
4. Students will receive credit only for those courses for which they are officially registered for which they pay the necessary tuition at the time of registration, and for which they earn required minimum passing grades.
Chuka University Distance Learning Courses Offered
The programmes on offer via ODEL are as follows:
1. Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
2. Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
3. Bachelor of Science in Community Development
4. Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Security Studies
5. Bachelor of Commerce
6. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Chuka University Distance Learning Admission Requirements
Minimum Admission Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
KCSE Grade C+ OR
KACE/ EACE 1 Principal and 1 Subsidiary
Diploma certificate with at least a Credit pass in the relevant area of study
Advantages of Enrolling in Chuka University Distance Learning Programmes
1. The programmes will be run on a trimester cycle, which means that students enrolled in the bachelor’s degree programmes will complete their studies within three calendar years.
2. The fees charged for the programmes are lower than the ones charged for on-campus study.
3. All newly admitted students will be provided with a free tablet uploaded with the units registered for. The students can therefore study anywhere, anytime and at their own pace.
Chuka University Distance Learning Fee Structure
Contact Registrar (Academic Affairs) office
For further information please contact:
The Registrar (Academic Affairs)
P. O. Box 109-60400, Chuka
Chuka University Distance Learning Admission
Online Application to Distance Learning Courses : https://chuka.melimu.com/registration/public/index.php/index
1Chuka University Contacts
2Chuka University Courses Offered
3Chuka University Hostels
4Chuka University Student Portal Login
5Chuka University Application Form
6Chuka University Admission Requirements
7Chuka University Bank Account Numbers
8Chuka University Certificate Courses
9Chuka University Campuses
10Chuka University Diploma Courses
11Chuka University Departments
12Chuka University Distance Learning
13D+ Courses in Chuka University
14Chuka University Exam Timetable
15Chuka University Exam Results
16Chuka University Embu Campus
17Chuka University E Learning Portal
18Chuka University Fee Structure.
19Chuka University Grading System
20Chuka University Hostel Booking Online
21Chuka University HELB Loan Application
22Chuka University History
23Chuka University Igembe Campus
24Chuka University Intakes
25Chuka University Joining Instructions
List Of Public Universities
University of Nairobi
Multimedia University of Kenya
Meru University of Science and Technology
Muranga University of Technology
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Technical University Of Mombasa TUM Karibu
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
South Eastern Kenya University
University of Kabianga
University Of Eldoret
List Of Private universities
United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
Mount Kenya University (MKU)
Uzima University College
Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
University of Eastern Africa Baraton (UEAB)
Africa Nazarene University
Scott Christian University
KAG East University
Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology
Pan Africa Christian University
Kenya Methodist University
Adventist University of Africa
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
Presbyterian University of East Africa
St. Paul’s University
Africa International University
Management University of Africa
Amref International University (AMIU)
KUCCPS Student Portal : KUCCPS Application Portal
List Of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institutions
Africa Digital Media Institute
AirSwiss International College
Amboseli Institute of Hospitality and Technology
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT)- Nairobi
Adept College of Professional Studies – Nakuru
African Institute of Research and Development Studies, Bandari College
Baraton Teachers’ Training College – Nandi Central Kapsabet
Cascade Institute of Hospitality – Thika
Eldoret Polytechnic – Eldoret
Emma Daniel Arts Training Institute (EDATI)
Gusii Institute of Technology
Kisii National Polytechnic
Harvard Institute of Development Studies
ICT Fire and Rescue – Thika
International Centre of Technology (ICT-Thika)
Intraglobal Training Institute
Jaffery Institute of Professional Studies
Kabete National Polytechnic
Kagumo Teachers Training College
Kaiboi Technical Training Institute