Egerton University Distance Learning
Egerton University Distance Learning | Egerton University College Of Open and Distance Learning | CODL…
COLLEGE OF OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING
The College of Open and Distance Learning (CODL) was established in 2002. The mandate of CODL is to develop, co-ordinate, promote and manage all open and distance learning programmes of Egerton University. Its Vision is to be anational and regional centre of excellence and choice for open and distance learning programmes. CODL is headed by a Director who is answerable to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs and has four departments each headed by a coordinator.
To be a national and regional centre of excellence in, and first choice for distance learning and research.
- Expanding access to quality and affordable higher education for Kenyans.
- Improve the quality of primary and secondary education, through research and enhanced access to Continuing Professional Development by teachers.
- Establish collaborations and partnerships with local and international institutions to develop, sustain and enhance appropriate and effective distance learning systems and personnel.
- Select, develop and utilize appropriate media and technologies for teaching, learning, assessment and evaluation in distance learning.
- Integrate with the local community through provision of service and consultancy.
In an effort to expand access to Higher Education (see Egerton University’s Strategic Plan – 2005 – 2015 Strategic Objective No. 1). Egerton University is gradually adopting a dual mode in teaching/learning. This is largely in response to the growing number of Kenyans seeking access to higher education, but who may not afford face-to-face instruction. The most active programme so far is teacher education which started in 2002, now with a population of 800 students. Plans are underway to launch pure Distance Learning programmes.
In an attempt to achieve the foregoing objective, CODL has been mandated through strategic (see Egerton University’s Strategic Plan 2005/2015) to promote and facilitate the expansion of open and distance education.
This will be realized through the following strategies:
- Capacity building and enhancement on material development,student services, and Open and Distance Learning research.
- Support of the infrastructure development at CODL and the ACDE secretariat.
Further, Strategic Objective No.10 gives CODL the mandate to increase access to higher education by implementing the following strategies:
- Development of new demand-driven Self-sponsored programmes.
- Increase of the intake of students in Self-sponsored Programmes on non-residential basis.
Besides increasing access, quality and relevance of higher education in Kenya the foregoing strategic objectives will go a long way to expanding the student numbers and in turn improve the financial base of the University.
Strategic aims of the College
The strategic aim of the College of Open and Distance Learning is to strengthen Egerton University’s position as the leading provider of distance learning in Kenya and the Eastern Africa region by:
- Responding to and stimulating further demand for higher education.
- Providing learners with the best possible learning experience through the use of appropriate and effective teaching and learning media and support services that enhance the quality of education and training; and
- Enhancing the university’s position as a financially sound and stable institution that has financial resources necessary for delivering its mission.
The College of Open and Distance Learning is charged with the following core functions:
- Facilitate the development of programmes and delivery strategies for education and training through open and distance learning.
- Develop, implement and manage learning support systems and services, including community-based learning centers.
- Facilitate and promote research in open and distance education, and promote the dissemination and application of findings thereto.
- Develop collaboration and partnerships with local, regional and international open and distance learning institutions, organizations and relevant stakeholders.
CODL is made up of the following four departments each of which is headed by a Coordinator:
1 Egerton University Online Learning
2 Egerton University ODEL
3 Egerton University Online Courses
4 Egerton University E-Learning Courses
- Diploma in Military Science
- Bachelor of Military Science
- Military Science
- Teacher Education
- Instructional Material Development
- External Studies and Media
Egerton University Contacts
Egerton University Njoro Campus
Egerton University Nakuru Town campus
54 Egerton University Graduation List
55 Egerton University Geography Department
56 Egerton University Graduation News
57 Egerton University Graduation List June
58 Egerton University Hostel Booking
59 Egerton University History
60 Egerton University Hostel Application
61 Egerton University Halls Booking
62 Egerton University Halls
63 Egerton University Intakes
64 Egerton University June Graduation
65 Egerton University December Graduation List
66 Egerton University Job Vacancies
67 Egerton University January Intake
68 Egerton University KUCCPS Admission List
69 Egerton University Kenyatta Campus
70 Egerton University Kisii Campus
71 Egerton University KUCCPS Admission Letters Download
72 Egerton University Logo
73 Egerton University Letter Of Acceptance
74 Egerton University Location
75 Egerton University Library
76 Egerton University Law School
77 Egerton University Main Campus
78 Egerton University Masters Fee Structure
79 Egerton University Masters Programmes
80 Egerton University Masters Application Forms
81 Egerton University Main Campus Location
82 Egerton University Medical Courses
83 Egerton University Nakuru Campus
84 Egerton University Nairobi Campus Contacts
85 Egerton University Nairobi Campus Location
86 Egerton University Njoro Contacts
87 Egerton University Online Hostel Booking
88 Egerton University Online Learning
89 Egerton University ODEL
90 Egerton University Online Courses
91 Egerton University Online Room Booking
92 Egerton University Online Application Form
93 Egerton University opening dates
94 Egerton University Online Registration
95 Egerton University Postal Address
96 Egerton University Postal Code
97 Egerton University Phd Courses
98 Egerton University Prospectus
99 Egerton University Part Time Courses