HELB Guarantor Details
HELB Guarantor Details – Check Below:
Undergraduate Loans and TVET Loans Application Guarantors’ Requirements/Details
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards/death certificate where the parent is deceased.
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card.
The HELB Undergraduate Loans
These loans are for students pursuing their studies in Public or Chartered Private Universities within the East African Community, placed either through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), Self-sponsored, Parallel and Module II Students studying for a bachelor’s degree only. Pre-University, Certificate, Diploma or Postgraduate students are not eligible to apply for this loan. The loan attracts HELB interest rate of 4% and Kshs. 1,000 ledger per year. Students are advised to apply for the loan at least one month before the opening date to allow ample time for processing.
- HELB online application
- HELB portal registration
- HELB registration requirements
- HELB mobile application
Type of Loan Application
There are two types of undergraduate loan applications:
- First Time Application-This is for applicants who are applying for the first time.
- Second & Subsequent Application-This is for applicants who are applying for the second, third, fourth time as per the program duration
Note: The number of loans one is eligible for depends on the program duration. For example, one is given loan 4 times for a 4-year program or 5 times for a 5-year programme
How to apply for a HELB Loan as a First Time Applicant:
- Visit our website www.helb.co.ke to access the Student Portal and click on “create an account” to register.
- Once the account is created, log in and select the appropriate Loan Application Form [LAF].
- Read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy and participate in the brief exercise online.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form [Mandatory]
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities.
- Attach all the documents as per the checklist and present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form at:
- Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and secure delivery; or
- HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi
- Retain a complete copy of the Loan Application Form [This is mandatory]
- Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
- It is recommended that students prudently manage their HELB loans once disbursed to cater for Tuition, books, stationery, accommodation, and subsistence.
- A copy of the Applicant’s national ID Card
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards/death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter and KCSE result slip/certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card (for Government sponsored students only)
- A copy of the applicant’s Smart Card from the institution
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.