How HELB App Works?
How HELB App Works? – Details:
HELB MPESA Wallet Guide.
The HELB loan mobile payment option is currently available on Mpesa, below is the procedure on how you can access and withdraw the funds from HELB Mini App.
- Download the MPESA App from Google App Playstore or Apple App Store or Huawei App gallery.
- Register on the MPESA App using your MPESA registered phone number, and make sure you are using data bundles from Safaricom.
- Login and go to the home page, then Categories, and to the Education tab.
- Select HELB from Education tab.
- Register on the HELB Mini app.
- Sign in using your MPESA registered phone number, and you will receive a verification code via SMS for login.
- Once you log in, kindly click on the home page tab to withdraw your funds to your MPESA using the withdraw button on the page.
Should you require further support, please email us on ContactCentre@helb.co.ke or call us on 0711052000
- HELB online application
- HELB portal registration
- HELB registration requirements
- HELB mobile application
How to Repay loans using the HELB Mobile Wallet
Mobile Payment Services: M-PESA
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer:
- Select pay bill option
- Enter HELB business number as 200800
- Enter your national ID number as your account number
- Enter amount you want to pay
- Enter your secret PIN number
- Confirm transaction and send
Note: The transaction reflects in your statement immediately after the transaction.
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer for Employers
- Upload the remittance schedule
- Generate the E-Slip
- Go to the M-PESA menu and click on Lipa na M-PESA, then Paybill
- Enter 200800 as the business number
- For the account details, enter the generated E-Slip number as the account number
- Enter your PIN number
- You will receive a confirmation message for payment
Note: The transaction will reflect in the employer statement and post
Official Launch of the HELB Mobile Wallet
Naivasha, 27th April 2023. The Higher Education Loans Board [HELB], in partnership with Safaricom, has today officially launched the HELB Mobile Wallet Payment Solution for students in Higher Education Institutions [Universities and TVET Colleges] to access and utilize their HELB upkeep loan. The launch took place during the 2023 HELB Universities Consultative Forum.
The Mobile Wallet payment solution is now accessible through the Safaricom M-PESA Mini App and HELB USSD *642#.
The solution empowers beneficiaries to apply for subsequent loans, access HELB upkeep funds, withdraw funds, view loan status, access loan statements and repay loans, all from feature phones, Android and iPhone app.
HELB continues to embrace the government’s digital transformation agenda by leveraging on ICT for seamless service delivery and digitization of its services. HELB CEO expects the solution to conveniently serve the annual target of over 420,000 students and growing. “In addition to bank account options, HELB continuously seeks to create convenience and give students other options for service access. With the launch of the mobile wallet payment solution, HELB aims at providing a simple digital customer journey for the management of student loan funds,” said FCPA, Charles M. Ringera, HELB CEO. Airtel and Telkom mobile payment solution options are currently underway.
The Higher Education institutions continuing students can receive notifications and access the utilization statement for financial planning; while the beneficiaries who have graduated can track their payments and generate loan statements. “We remain committed to playing our part in improving citizen service delivery and therefore strive to ensure that the borrowing customers, students, get a delightful experience. The loan beneficiaries will be expected to, in-turn, repay the loan after completion of their studies in order to create a revolving fund for future generations,” said Rt. Hon. Ekwee Ethuro, HELB Chairman.
HELB therefore, wishes to encourage students studying in universities and TVET colleges to embrace this initiative which provides them with an efficient solution for HELB Loan fund access and management.
FCPA Charles M. Ringera,