Kenya Institute of Special Education KISE Admission Requirements 2022/2023
Kenya Institute of Special Education Admission Requirements – Diploma and certificate entry requirements:
Diploma in SNE in: Autism, Emotional & Behaviour Difficulties, Hearing Impairment, Deafblind, Intellectual Disabilities, Gifted and Talented, Visual Impairment, Physical Disabilities, Learning Disabilities and Inclusive Education
- Holders of P1 Primary Teacher Certificate by training or its equivalent with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience or
- Holders of Certificate Course in Early Childhood Education Development (ECDE) from a government Institutions with at least D+ in KCSE or Division II in KCE or its equivalent and at least 2 years teaching Experience or
- The Holders of P1 teacher certificate through promotion after passing PTC exam offered by the Directorate of Quality Assurance and Standards, Ministry of Education, Kenya or
- Holders of P2 Teacher certificate and certificate in SNE from KISE or any other recognized institution with at least a D plain in KCSE or Division IV in KCE or its equivalent and at least 5 years teaching experience.
Certificate Programs at Kenya Institute of Special Education
- Applicants should have a minimum of Diploma in Special Needs Education.
- The course is open to teachers, parents, social workers, caregivers, Braille transcribers and any other interested persons with form four educational level with a minimum of KCSE D are encouraged to apply.
Kenyan Sign Language
- Applicants should have a minimum of KCSE Grade D or its equivalent .
- Applicants should have a minimum of KCSE Grade D or its equivalent