Kiriri Women’s University KWUST Website
Visit Kiriri Women’s University KWUST Official Website at http://www.kwust.ac.ke/ or click Here.
Who we are
Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology (KWUST) is a private, women’s only Kenyan university from inception to operation. It is the first university of its kind in Eastern and Southern Africa which comprise 23 countries in total. As a women’s only university, our main objective is to bridge the gap in gender representation in higher education as well as contributing to the social and economic development of the country. The institution was founded on 15th May 2002 through the issuance of a Letter of Interim Authority (LIA) by the Government of Kenya through the Commission for Higher Education.
We hold the view that Science and Technology is an indispensable tool in harnessing resources of nature for sustainable development and creating an environment in which human beings can survive and realise their potential; the human person has the moral obligation to creatively improve the environment. The Philosophy of KWUST is to lead to the development of human capital through scientific search based on Christian principles. This can be achieved through a well-conceptualised educational, scientific and technological package through which every human being must rightfully experience and acquire the tools to actualise this philosophy.
The university has two campuses; the main campus is located in one of the most serene environment on a fifty acre plot; a place which is conducive to genuine intellectual excitement and cutting-edge research at Kasarani. The other campus is located in Westlands. There are three intakes a year in January, May and September. The university has two schools and one Faculty of science name School of Business and Management, School of Computer and Information Technology and Faculty of Science(Mathematics, Physics, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, Chemistry).
To educate and train individuals in the search for truth and knowledge through scientific methods.
To be a centre of academic excellence in the scientific and technological formation and promotion of the full and holistic development of the individual as a responsible member of the human community.
Our Core Values
In academic pursuits, the university holds as core values:
- Excellence in teaching, learning, research and publication
- Respect for the dignity of all irrespective of social, economic or religious background
- Inclusiveness in diversity
- Fairness, concern and equity in dealing with others (students, staff, parents and other clientele and stakeholders)
- Honesty in all dealings and activities
- Moral integrity
- Professionalism in the performance of our duties
Why Study at KWUST
- Average class sizes for optimum interaction
- Qualified renowned lecturers
- Trimester academic year, hence degree completed in 3 years
- Transfer credits for diploma holders
- Electronic books and journals
- Competitive and flexible payment of fees
- Access to HELB and bank loans
- Serene learning environment
- Secure accommodation and cafeteria services