Moi University School Of Education Admission Requirements
Moi University School Of Education Requirements | See details of the requirements below…
The Moi University School Of Education Diploma Admission Requirements
Diploma in Early Childhood and Primary Education
Diploma in Education
A minimum of KCSE Grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent.
In addition, applications will be accepted from candidates who meet any of the following qualification:
1. P1 Certificate.
2. A KNEC Certificate in Early Childhood Education or Ministry of Education Certificate with at least D+ (plus) or its equivalent.
Mode of Study
The Diploma in Early Childhood Care, Development, and Education programme shall normally take two (2) years. The programme will be taken at either of the following modes:
• School Based (6 sessions, with a three-month • teaching practice and a one-month practicum)
• Regular (4 semesters, with a three-month teaching • practice and a one-month practicum; to run concurrently with University programmes)
Moi University School Of Education Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Candidates must meet the minimum entry requirements of the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) to gain admission as regular students. For the Privately Sponsored Students, those wishing to join Arts based programmes should have a minimum of C+ at KCSE or its equivalent. For the Sciences–based programmes, applicants must have a C (plain) or equivalent in mathematics besides meeting the minimum entry requirements of mean grade C+ or A-Level 2 Principals and a Subsidiary pass in the relevant subjects, or be a Diploma holder in Education or S1 from a recognized institution.
See Also: Moi University School Of Education Undergraduate Courses
Diploma holders in relevant fields with credit and above and with the necessary qualifications from recognized institutions are considered for entry into the second year of study while those with a pass are admitted in the first year irrespective of Experience. Those with Higher National Diploma in technical subjects are admitted in the Department of Technology Education to join the programme in the third year of Study subject to taking some courses offered to the first year and second year students. Relevant diplomas include Humanities (B.Ed. Arts), Science B.Ed. (Sci), Early chilldhood Education, B.Ed. Tech (Technical) SNE (BEd. SNE).
Moi University School Of Education Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The following qualifications are required for admission to the PGDE programme:
1. Have a minimum qualification of a first degree from a recognized university.
2. Should have studied at least two subjects or their equivalent, taught at the secondary school level in Kenya.
The programme shall be completed in one calendar year, including Teaching Practice.
In addition to fulfilling the Common University regulations, an applicant must hold at least:
1. Second class Bachelors’ degree (Upper Division) in Education, recognized by Moi University, or
2. Second class Bachelor’s degree (Upper Division) with a postgraduate Diploma in Education or an equivalent certificate in Education, recognized by Moi University. An applicant with some teaching experience in an educational setting will have an added advantage
3. Second class Bachelor’s degree (Lower Second) with at least two years relevant experience.
These programmes run for two academic years (4 semesters) of full–time attendance. The first year is devoted to coursework and generation of a research proposal while the second year is normally spent on coursework, research and thesis writing.
1. The minimum requirements as laid down in the Rules and Regulations for D.Phil. studies at Moi University and the School of Education shall apply.
2. Candidates must be holders of a relevant Master’s degree of Moi University or those institutions recognized by the Moi University Senate in related fields.
1) The programme will last a minimum of three years (3) and a maximum of five (5) years for full-time students and a minimum of four (4) years and a maximum of seven (7) years for part-time students.
2) The first year will be spent on coursework and examination.
3) The second year will be dedicated to the design and preparation of a research proposal that will be approved by the candidate’s guidance committee. This proposal shall contain an analy-sis of the review of the relevant literature, theoretical issues to be pursued, the type of data to be used and the method of analysis and a statement of the anticipated significance of the re-search. Until the proposal has been approved, the student will not be authorized to proceed with the dissertation research.
4) The final year(s) will be dedicated to research and dissertation writing.
110 Moi University Postgraduate Application Form
111 Moi University Programmes
1 Moi University Qualifications
2 Moi University Revision Questions
3 Moi University Diploma Qualifications
4 Moi University Past Question Papers
5 Moi University Courses and Qualifications
6 Moi University Diploma In Quantity Survey
7 Moi University School Of Law Qualifications
8 Moi University School Of Medicine Qualifications
9 Moi University Results
10 Moi University Repository
11 Moi University Room Booking
12 Moi University Ranking
13 Moi University Registration Of Courses
14 Moi University Research Projects
15 Moi University Resumption Of Lectures
16 Moi University Result Portal
17 Moi University Reporting Dates
18 Moi University School Of Medicine
19 Moi University School Of Education
20 Moi University School Of Law
21 Moi University School Of Engineering
22 Moi University School Of Medicine Fees Structure
23 Moi University School Of Nursing
24 Moi University School Of Business
25 Moi University Town Campus
26 Moi University Thesis
27 Moi University Thesis Format
28 Moi University Town Campus Courses
29 Moi University Undergraduate Courses
30 Moi University Undergraduate Fees Structure
31 Moi University Undergraduate Online Application
32 Moi University Undergraduate Application Form
33 Moi University Undergraduate Admission Forms
34 Moi University undergraduate Application Form pdf
35 Moi University Undergraduate Admission Letters
36 Moi University Undergraduate Degree Courses
37 Moi University Vision
38 Moi University Web Portal
39 Moi University West Campus
40 Moi University West Campus Address
41 Moi University West Campus Location
42 Moi University West Campus Courses
43 Moi University West Campus Intake
44 Moi University Yala Campus
45 Moi University Yala Branch
46 Moi University First Years Admission Letters
47 Moi University First Years Admission
48 Moi University First Year Fees Structure
49 Zimbra Moi University
50 Moi University Act of 1984
51 Moi University Intake List
52 Moi University 3rd eye
53 Moi University 36th Graduation
54 Moi University 36th Graduation List