TVET Loan Application Form 2023 – Kenya
TVET Loan Application Form 2023 – Download:
If you are pursuing any diploma or certificate course in a school recognized by the Ministry of Education, then you ought to apply for a Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) TVET loan if you are needy. The money given will cater for your stay at the institution while covering your tuition fees. Here is a complete guide on how you can get a TVET HELB loan.
- Admission letter from the institution.
- National Identification Card.
- Applicants should access and fill the relevant TVET Loan and Bursary Application Form (TLAF).
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the TVET Loan Application Form signed and stamped by the Dean of Students/Financial Aid Officers.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled TLAF (Mandatory).
- Drop the TLAF personally at the HELB students Service Centre on the Mezannine One, Anniversary Towers or any of the SELECT Huduma Centers nearest to you.
TVET HELB loan application guide
Follow the procedure below to apply for this loan:
Registration and log in
- Connect to the internet: You can use Wi-Fi, LAN cable, and a couple of other options.
- Go to the TVET HELB loan portal: Once there, click on “Student Portal” from the main menu.
3. Create an account: In the next window, scroll down until you see “Create account”. Tap it and move to the next step.
4. Enter your ID number: Make sure that it is correct otherwise, the system will not allow you to open an account.
5. Key in your first name: Enter it in the provided text box.
6. Tap Validate: This is usually a green button just below the required fields.
7. Fill in your account details: The system will automatically fetch your names. Fill in your email address, a valid mobile phone number and your password.
8. Confirm you are human: Type the code provided.
9. Click on “Sign Up”: This option is visible below the window.
10. Validate Email: A code will be sent to your mail inbox. Retrieve it and copy-paste the number to the required field.
Viola! You have successfully created a HELB student account. You should now proceed to the next step.
Applying for the loan
You should now be logged into your account. Use the steps below to complete your application:
- Click on “TVET Loan/ Bursary First Time For Tertiary Institutions”: This is usually the first choice in the table.
- If you are employed, don’t forget to specify: You can do so by clicking on “Click Here if You Are Actually employed.”
- Fill in your personal information: This stage has two sections, as highlighted below:
- Personal details: You will be required to fill in your county, division, sub-location, and so on as per your national ID card. KRA PIN, marital status, date of birth, place of birth and level of study particulars will also be needed.
- Residence information: Specify the current place where you are living. It should include sub-division, location, division and county. Make sure you provide the correct residence.
4. Tap the “Save” button: Once you are through with filling all the needed information in the section, press the stated option.
5. Key in your education details: Specify where you took your primary and secondary education by simply clicking on “Add Education Details” button.
6. Institutional details: This stage is divided into three sections, as illustrated below:
- School details: Enter the college you have been admitted to, campus/branch, your registration number, course, type of programme, year of admission, study duration, completion year and the current year.
- Financial information: Indicate the annual fees as per your admission letter, how much your family can raise, the amount you are applying for, and if you need a bursary.
- Siblings details: If you have a brother/sister who is in the university and applying for the loan, make sure you indicate and attach his/her admission letter after printing.
Click on the “Save” button before moving to the next step.
7. Parent details: This section has two parts, as illustrated below:
- Marital status: Indicate whether they are married, divorced, single parent, orphan, one deceased, abandoned or separated.
- Parents information: After indicating the above, move to the next step. You will need details like their mobile number, ID number, KRA number, employer, monthly salary, level of education, year of birth, staff number and income figures. Do not forget to save the information for each parent.
8. Family expense details: Indicate how much you spend on food, clothing, rent, transport, medical, mortgage, and other things. Some of these need some attachments immediately after printing.
9. Guarantor details: It is mandatory to have two of them failure to which you will be disqualified. Fill in their name, date of birth, ID number, employer, email, occupation, location and any other required information.
10. Bank details: Fill in the account number, confirm it, and indicate the branch. Do not use your relative’s accounts. Opening an account nowadays is simple.
11. Finish and print.
The following should be done after printing the document:
- Have the form signed: Take TLAF to the relevant authorities for sealing. This might include a religious leader, local chief and bank.
- Guarantor signatures: Take the TLAF to both of them for signing.
- Attachments: The following should be attached, among others:
- ID copies of your parents and guarantors
- Admission letter
- KRA certificates of your parents and also yours
- A passport-sized photo.
4. Take the form to a magistrate: The above attachments should be signed and stamped by a lawyer.
5. Submission: The form should be dropped at your bank or Anniversary Towers. You can alternatively use any of the Huduma Centres listed below:
- Nandi (Kapsabet)
HELB loan release
Upon verification of the documents and details provided. Your loan will be released before the new academic year starts. If you fail to get one, the following could be the possible reasons:
- Missing signatures
- False information
- Inadequate information
- Missing seals
How do I appeal a HELB loan?
As soon as the funds are released and the amount awarded is inadequate, you are advised to fill in a loan review form using the following procedure:
- Log into your account: Use your email and password to do so.
- Click on “Loan review (appeal)”: This option is visible on the portal homepage.
- Fill in the required details: Secondary and primary school fees are some of the information required.
- Print the form: Once details are submitted, they cannot be edited. Attach any supportive documents and drop them to Anniversary Towers.
How can I check loan status online?
Use the following steps:
- Log in to your account: Provide your email and password credentials.
- Click on “Loan status”.
Once there, you will be able to view the details of all the awarded loans.
TVET HELB loan second subsequent application
This should be applied in your second year, third and fourth where applicable. You can edit some details in this application once it is open.
You should then print the form and have it signed by relevant authorities. Finally, drop it to Anniversary Towers between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
I don’t have a national ID card. Can I apply?
The answer is no. An ID proofs that you are above the majority age. By applying for HELB, you are entering into a contract. In Kenya, it is not allowed to agree with a minor. Hence, you cannot apply until you are 18 years old.
Is it compulsory to apply for HELB loan TVET?
No, you should never apply for funding if you are not in need. This is only made to help those who cannot afford to cater for fee payments and stay at the school. If your parents can comfortably do this, then do not apply. Remember, this is a loan, and you will be required to repay it as soon as you get employed.
I did not apply in 1st year, am I eligible for a loan in 2nd year?
Yes. However, you will follow the same procedure those applying for the first-time window are using. There is no unique application for 2nd years.
When does the interest start to accrue?
As soon as the first disbursement is made, a 4% rate per annum for direct entry students and 12% for the employed will start accruing.
READ ALSO: Kenya TVET Helb Loan Application Form
In case you have any questions, uncertainties or need technical support use the following contacts to reach out between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Phone number: 0711 052 000
- Email: Contactcentre@helb.co.ke
- Website: helb.co.ke
- Twitter: @HELBpage
- Facebook: @HELBpage
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility! We make no warranty or representation that the mentioned apps are available and legal for use in any particular location. If you choose to access and use these ways of tracking a number, you do it at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws in connection with such access and use of the information.
Thanks for help