United States International University Scholarships
United States International University Scholarships | Read details below…
The Office of Financial Aid
Every year USIU-Africa offers premier learning opportunities for those from an underprivileged background to receive a world-class education offered through state-of-the-art facilities.
Objectives of USIU-Africa’s Financial Aid programs
- Enhance and encourage scholarship among the students.
- Enable eligible applicants from socio-economically under-privileged communities attain quality education from one of the most reputable institutions in the region.
- Recognize and promote sport talent among the students and youth in general.
- Enhance diversity in student enrollments thus encouraging multi-cultural appreciation and interaction among students from different nationalities and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Help in the career development of students through Campus Work Opportunities and Graduate Assistantships. United States International University Scholarships
Financial Aid Policy and Regulations
- Financial Aid is not refundable to students under any circumstances.
- Award of grants/ scholarships depends on availability of funds.
- Students who apply for need based Financial Aid programs will be required to provide all the necessary documentary evidence alongside their applications.
- Scholarships will be advertised in the major Kenya daily newspapers. Interested applicants can also contact the Financial Aid Office for further information.
- All Financial Aid applicants will be notified about the status of their applications within seven days from the date of the interview (for continuing students) or upon admission (if new students).
- Students may apply for more than one Financial Aid program depending on circumstances and eligibility.
- Unless specified, all USIU-Africa students who meet the required criteria are eligible for financial aid.
- Students of Kenyan nationality with financial need must apply for HELB funds if they qualify for the same.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Recipients of financial aid must maintain specified academic requirements to remain eligible. Students who their Cumulative GPA drops below expected standards loose the financial aid program they are on until they improve their GPA to continue benefiting. United States International University Scholarships
- Awards are available from the moment of approval and cannot be back-dated.
Definition of Terms
N/B. These terms are defined as per USIU policy.
Under-Privileged/Underrepresented/Marginalized Communities – This are people not enjoying the same standard of living as the majority of people in a society. These are students who have been brought up in slums and from arid and semi-arid areas of Kenya. This areas Include;
Arid Areas – Turkana, Marsabit, Moyale, Mandera, Wajir, Isiolo, Samburu, Baringo, Garissa, Ijara, Tana River
Semi-Arid Areas – West Pokot, Laikipia, Narok, Kajiado, Mwingi, Kitui, Makueni, Taita-Taveta, Kwale, Kilifi, Malindi, Lamu
Diversity – This includes individual differences along the dimensions of socio-economic status and physical abilities.
Informal Settlements in the Neighborhood of USIU Africa – This are students who have been brought up in slums in the neighborhood of USIU. This areas include; Mathare, Korogocho, Marurui, Roysambu,
Multicultural – relating to, or constituting several cultural or ethnic groups within a society.
Cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) – this is the weighted mean value of all grade points a student has earned since enrollment at USIU-Africa
Tuition – this is total cost of units (courses) taken every semester at USIU. This cost does not include library, medical and student activity fee or any other charges.
Merit based – These awards are based on a student’s academic, artistic, athletic or other abilities, and often factor in an applicant’s extracurricular activities.
Need Based – these awards are based on the student and family’s financial record and require applicants to fill out a financial aid application form and attach relevant documents to verify the financial aid position of the family. These documents are stated in the financial aid application form.
Grants – Gift aid that is awarded based on demonstrated financial need. Grants do not have to be repaid.
Scholarships/Waivers – Gift aid that is awarded based on a variety of factors such as academic achievement, talent, leadership, geographical location, field-of-study and/or financial need. Scholarships do not have to be repaid.
Loans – Funds that are borrowed from HELB and other financial institutions to help pay for educational expenses. Loans must be repaid back to HELB and those financial institutions, usually with interest.
Employment – Funds that can be earned by working (Work Study and Graduate Assistant) in exchange for wages. Employment earnings ado not have to be repaid. United States International University Scholarships
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS
A. GOVERNMENT STUDENT AID: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
B. INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
C. INSTITUTIONAL GRANTS & WAIVERS
D. GRADUATE MERIT AWARDS
E. WORK STUDY PROGRAMS
F. EXTERNALLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
1. Apply for financial aid by filing the financial aid application form and attaching the relevant documents required.
2. Financial aid office will send a feedback to all undergraduate students who have applied to come & confirm their interview date/time.
3. Financial aid awards are posted on the student’s accounts depending on the decisions made at the interview stage.
4. Students to be informed at the interview when to come and collect their award/denial letters after interviews.
NOTE: For Graduate and undergraduate students DO NOT go through the interview process. If they bring the documents required and they meet all requirements and award letter is processed for them immediately. United States International University Scholarships
What is expected of students on financial aid/scholarships
Students on financial aid and scholarships are expected to meet the following guidelines to continue benefiting from financial aid;
- Maintain the required Cumulative GPA to continue benefiting. (All Financial aid Programs have different GPA requirement. Students can refer to the Financial aid Information or students can refer to their award letters.
- Students on Workstudy, vice chancellors Grant, International Grant, Family tuition, Alumni Tuition must register for 9-12 units (3-4 courses) for continued eligibility.
- Students on Scholarships must maintain the required GPA stated in their award letters to remain eligible.
- Students who are dismissed on disciplinary cases are accepted back on financial aid if the disciplinary committee advises the financial aid office to do so.
- Students on Campus Work Opportunity (workstudy) are expected to dress decently at all times as long as they are on workstudy. United States International University Scholarships
LIFE AFTER FINANCIAL AID
Giving back – Students who have benefited through the financial aid programs at USIU can be able to give back once they are settled in employment or businesses. The financial aid office has opened an account with the USIU-Africa Finance department in name of USIU Financial Aid Beneficiaries Grant for all transactions. Beneficiaries willing to support our needy students can contribute to the account via M-pesa as detailed below;
Pay bill No.: 516900
Account name: finaid
At the back of the cheque write: USIU-Africa Financial Aid Beneficiaries Account
Beneficiaries of financial aid can also come back and mentor students who are benefiting through talks that can be organized by the Financial Aid Office.
Beneficiaries of Financial Aid can also come together and do community service. For example; alumni and current beneficiaries of the Full USIU-Africa Scholarship come together, once a year, to give back to a charity through supply of food stuff, cleaning activities, feeding, and in the case of a children’s home, playing with children and also cooking for them.
For more information, please email us on email@example.com or call us on 0730 116 776/745, OR visit the Financial Aid Office (FAB Center, Second Floor)
1About United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
2History Of United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
3United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Mission Statement
4United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Accreditation
5United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Faculties
6United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Library
7United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Internship
8United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Quality Assurance
9United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Exchange Program
10United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Blackboard
11United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Student Portal
12USIU – Africa Academic Calendar
13United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Fees Structure
14United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Scholarships
15United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Courses
16United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Admissions
17USIU – Africa Entrance Requirements
18USIU – Africa Online Application
19USIU – Africa Undergraduate Admission Form
20United States International University Africa (USIU Africa) Diploma Courses
21Diploma In International Relations at USIU – Africa
22Certificate Courses Offered at USIU – Africa
23Short Courses Offered at USIU – Africa.
24United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Bank Accounts
25United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Ranking
26United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa) Logo
27USIU – Africa Contact | Address
28United States International University Africa (USIU) Admission List
29United States International University Africa (USIU) Admission Letter
30United States International University Africa (USIU) Accomodation
31United States International University Africa (USIU) Halls | Hostels
32United States International University Africa Application Form
33United States International University Africa Intake – January,May,September
34United States International University Africa Application Closing Date
35United States International University Africa Graduation Ceremony Date
36USIU – Africa Graduation Ceremony List
List Of Public Universities
University of Nairobi
Multimedia University of Kenya
Meru University of Science and Technology
Muranga University of Technology
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Technical University Of Mombasa TUM Karibu
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
South Eastern Kenya University
University of Kabianga
University Of Eldoret
List Of Private universities
United States International University Africa (USIU – Africa)
Mount Kenya University (MKU)
Uzima University College
Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
University of Eastern Africa Baraton (UEAB)
Africa Nazarene University
Scott Christian University
KAG East University
Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology
Pan Africa Christian University
Kenya Methodist University
Adventist University of Africa
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
Presbyterian University of East Africa
St. Paul’s University
Africa International University
Management University of Africa
Amref International University (AMIU)
KUCCPS Student Portal : KUCCPS Application Portal
List Of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institutions
Africa Digital Media Institute
AirSwiss International College
Amboseli Institute of Hospitality and Technology
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT)- Nairobi
Adept College of Professional Studies – Nakuru
African Institute of Research and Development Studies, Bandari College
Baraton Teachers’ Training College – Nandi Central Kapsabet
Cascade Institute of Hospitality – Thika
Eldoret Polytechnic – Eldoret
Emma Daniel Arts Training Institute (EDATI)
Gusii Institute of Technology
Kisii National Polytechnic
Harvard Institute of Development Studies
ICT Fire and Rescue – Thika
International Centre of Technology (ICT-Thika)
Intraglobal Training Institute
Jaffery Institute of Professional Studies
Kabete National Polytechnic
Kagumo Teachers Training College
Kaiboi Technical Training Institute