Where to Get HELB Clearance Certificate
Where to Get HELB Clearance Certificate – Details:
1. Send an email requesting for your statement to email@example.com
2. Call our contact centre on 0711052000
If you are up to date with your loan repayment or you have never benefited from HELB loan, you can apply for HELB Compliance Certificate from the HELB Portal or e-Citizen Portal.
- HELB online application
- HELB portal registration
- HELB registration requirements
- HELB mobile application
Loanee Compliance Certificate
This Certificate is issued to the beneficiaries of HELB loan who are up to date with their loan repayment. It is also issued to the beneficiaries who are still within the repayment grace period. Once a beneficiary has completed repaying the loan, he/she is issued Certificate of Clearance. This service is not charged.
Non-Loanee Compliance Certificate
If you did not benefit from HELB loan, you can apply for the Non-loanee Compliance Certificate from the HELB Portal or e-Citizen Portal. This service is not charged.
A loanee shall be required, subject to and in accordance with HELB Act 1995 or any regulations made there under,
within one year of completion of his studies or within such period as the Board decides to recall its loan whichever is
- To inform the Board of his/her contact address;
- To begin repayment of his/her loan together with any interest accrued thereon;
- If he is in formal employment, to authorize his employer to deduct the loan repayment and to remit it to HELB as directed.
When one takes out a loan, HELB will require the loanee to sign a declaration which is also a contract. This states that the loanee has read and understood the Terms and Conditions and will therefore agree to repay the loan in line with the regulations that apply at the time the repayments are due and as they are amended. The loanee must ensure to provide complete and correct information when taking out the loan. The Loanee should update HELB about any changes in their details;
- During the application process;
- While still at university or college; and
- Until the loan is repaid in full.
The loan agreement is a contract.
Some of the mandatory information required on the Enquiry Form for effective processing and recovery of the loans shall include the
- National Identification (ID) and
- Personal Identification number (PIN)
- Contacts such as Postal addresses, Telephone, Emails
- To repay loan in line with the regulations;
- Maintain up to date personal details (for example, if your address, name or employment details change)
- Comply with HELB requests and processes;
- Keep track of own repayments;
What you can expect from us
- Statements showing your loan repayment status are available on www.helb.co.ke
- Certificate of clearance upon completion;
- Certificate of Compliance for non-loanees or loanees who are consistently repaying are available on www.helb.co.ke
- Guidance on your loan and repayments;
- Refunds of any overpayments;