About East African School of Aviation EASA
About East African School of Aviation EASA – All about EASA:
Profile of East African School of Aviation EASA
East African School of Aviation (EASA) is the training Directorate of Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA). The school is established on 87 acres of land; 15 Km East of the city of Nairobi and about five minutes’ drive from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. EASA was Founded in 1954 to provide training for Telegraphic and Teleprinter operators and was expanded in 1960 to cater for Engineering Technicians and Air Traffic Controllers. In July 1963 the operations of EASA were entrusted to ICAO and later came under the EAC. In 1982, the present modern school was built on an 87-acre site and has the capability to train all major specialized areas of civil aviation except pilot training.
East African School of Aviation EASA Vision
To be the global aviation training Centre of Choice
Effectively offering quality training that meets the needs of the global aviation industry by optimally leveraging resources
To offer Competency – Based training and ensure that EASA graduates have the requisite Knowledge, Skills and Attitude for the rapidly growing aviation industry. The courses are delivered by competent instructors who are leaders in their fields of expertise.
- To increase the diversity of training programs and the clients base in Africa and beyond.
- To strengthen and sustain the school’s financial growth by maintaining a sound financial management system.
- Develop, motivate and retain a strong human resource for optimum school performance.
- To create collaborations and partnerships with industry in line with current aviation trends.
- Provide modern infrastructure, facilities and equipment that meet the training needs of global aviation industry.
- To build a strong EASA brand through leveraging marketing programs as specified in the EASA marketing plan.
Registration & Accreditation
- An International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Regional Training Centre of Excellence (RTCE)
- Registered by the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) as a (TVET) institution
- An Approved Training Organization by the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
- A Centre for Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) technical examinations.
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- An ICAO TRAINAIR plus full member and the 2nd institution worldwide to attain that status.
- Authorized Training Centre by IATA offering courses for the airline industry.
- An ICAO Aviation Security Training Centre (ASTC)
- An ICAO endorsed Government Safety Inspector (GSI) Training Centre.
- The IATA 2019 and 2020 Top regional performer in Africa & Middle East.
- A recipient of ICAO GAT Award in 2016 and 2018
The division is responsible for the school corporate support functions of Finance, ICT, Maintenance, Human Resource, Central Admin (Security, Registry, Caretaker, Staff Welfare, occupational health services) and Hospitality Services. The functions of the administration division aim at providing a conducive environment for staff, students and outsiders. The establishment of the division was informed by the need to create an enabling environment focused on helping stakeholders to achieve a holistic development and set goals of the school.
List Of Public Universities