Does HELB Sponsor Masters Students? 2023-2024
Does HELB Sponsor Masters Students? – Answer:
Post Graduate Scholarship
HELB awards partial scholarships to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters or PHD) in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE]. The value of the scholarship award is Kshs. 200,000 and Kshs. 450,000 for Masters and PhD programmes respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the PhD.
- Letter of Admission into a full or part time Postgraduate university program
- Minimum undergraduate qualification of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division.
- Reporting for First year of study
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Innovation and Fisheries [STEM IF] and those courses which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If the applicant is a previous or current HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the loan.
The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration.
- HELB online application
- HELB portal registration
- HELB registration requirements
- HELB mobile application
How to Apply:
- The applicant should register, access and duly complete the Postgraduate Scholarship Application (PGSA). The application is accessible through the Student Portal.
- After filling the required application details, click and submit the duly completed application then download and print the PGSA.
- Proceed to have the PGSA duly signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist.
- Scan the filled PGSA and all the attachments in PDF format as one document.
- Send the scanned PDF copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geographical distribution and gender are considered during the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants from marginalized regions are highly encouraged to apply.
- The applicant shall be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee of Kshs.3,000 via MPESA once they click on the payment tab on the portal.
- Do not pay any individual to process your Postgraduate Scholarship Application.
- The 2022/2023 Postgraduate Scholarship Application deadline is 31st August 2022.
Send all HELB Loan enquiries to any of the following contact details below and you will be responded to as soon as possible: