HELB TVET Application Deadline 2023-2024
HELB TVET Application Deadline – Details:
The HELB Loans
Students are advised to apply for the loan at least one month before the opening date to allow ample time for processing. Note: The number of loans one is eligible for depends on the program duration. For example, one is given loan 4 times for a 4-year program or 5 times for a 5-year programme.
- HELB online application
- HELB portal registration
- HELB registration requirements
- HELB mobile application
HELB TVET Loans
Education can be quite expensive but with our student loans, there is now a smarter way to finance your studies. We empower you with affordable loans to make it easier for you to pursue your studies. We are on your side!
How to apply as a First Time Applicant
- Visit our website www.helb.co.ke to access the Student Portal and click on “create an account” to register.
- Once the account is created, log in and select the appropriate TVET First Time Loan Application Form [TLAF].
- Read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy and participate in the brief exercise online.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled TVET Loan Application Form [Mandatory]
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities.
- Attach all the documents as per the checklist and present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form at:
- Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and secure delivery; or
- HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi
- Retain a complete copy of the TVET Loan Application Form [This is mandatory]
- Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online TVET loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
- It is recommended that students prudently manage their HELB loans once disbursed to cater for Tuition, books, stationery, accommodation, and subsistence.
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter from the institution
- A copy of the applicant’s National Identification Card.
- Applicant’s KCSE result slip or certificate
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards or death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
- The applicant should access and complete the relevant TVET Loan and Bursary Application Form (TLAF).
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the TVET Loan Application Form signed and stamped by the Dean of Students and/or Financial Aid Officer.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled TLAF (Mandatory).
- Drop the TLAF personally at the HELB students Service Centre on Mezzanine One, Anniversary Towers or any of the SELECT Huduma Centers nearest to you
Repaying the TVET Loan
TVET loan repayment starts within one year of completion of studies or within such a period as the Board decides to recall the loan, whichever is earlier. However, one can make voluntary payments before or after completing studies to reduce the loan balance. HELB Loans are charged 4% interest per annum and is repayable up to a maximum of 48 months.