KISWCD Technical College Diploma in Community Development Course
KISWCD Technical College Diploma in Community Development Course – see details below:
DCD3100: DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
This programme takes one and half years. By the end of this course, the trainee should be able to:
- Understand various intervention measures in solving social problems in a society
- Use local resources to empower the societies in order to become self-reliance. .
- Appreciate the role of communication in social work
- Understand various methods and approaches used in social development activities
- Appreciate the importance of involving other professionals in the development and solving social problems in a society.
- Promote ethical and legal practices in appraising and solving social development problems
- Appreciate the importance of self-entrepreneurial skills in the national development.
DCD 6701: Communication Skills
DCD 6702: Information Communication Technology
DCD 6703: Introduction to Community Development
DCD 6704: Social Work and Theory and Practice
DCD 6705: Development Economics
DCD 6706: Entrepreneurship
DCD 6707: Community Capacity building and Partnerships
DCD 6709: Social Research Methods
DCD 6710: Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
DCD 6711: Advocacy and Lobbying
DCD 6712: HIV/AIDS and other Pandemics
DCD 6713: Basic Mathematics
DCD 6714: Resource Management
DCD 6715: Statistics
DCD 6716: Legal Aspect in Social Work
DCD 6717: Project
DCD 6718: Transformation and Social Marketing
DCD 6719: Community Development Methodologies
DCD 6720: Management of Community Concerned
DCD 6721: Community Leadership
DCD 6722: Gender and Development
The duration for the course is two and half years covered in three Modules including compulsory industrial attachment.
Career /Employment Opportunities: Assistant Manager/Social/Community worker in Government and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs).
Progression: Relevant degree
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C- or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- Pass in relevant Craft Course
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC
- Certificate in Community development, Social development, Social work, Community Health, Counseling and Psychology.
- Course open to Beginners, Development workers, Social workers, Project managers and Fresh students
CLICK HERE TO APPLY