KNEC Examiners Portal
KNEC Examiners Portal – Details:
About Our Portals
We have different portals each examination has its own portal mostly for registration purposes. All examination centres are expected to log onto a platform for specific examination and enter the candidates’ details using the school/centre registration password.
The specific registration period for each examination shall be communicated separately through a circular. The dates must be adhered to since there will be no late registration of candidates.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL THE LINKS TO OUR EXAMINATION PORTALS INCUDING KCPE & KCSE REGISTRATION, AND OTHERS
What is Grade 3 MLP?
Monitoring Learners Progress (MLP) is the process of collecting and documenting evidence on knowledge, skills, values and attitudes acquired by a learner over a period of time as learning goes on. Grade 3 MLP is therefore process of finding out the progress learners have made in their quest to acquire the expected competencies after three (3) years of primary education, for purposes of decision making and instituting interventions.
How long will it take for schools to know learners scores in Grade 3 MLP?
Teachers are required to score the assessment using the marking guides provided and give immediate feedback to the individual learners at the school level.
Grade 3 MLP is expensive to parents and schools, who bears the cost?
MLP should be administered in the most natural environment just like the way teachers conduct classroom assessments. In undertaking the Integrated Learning Areas assessment, learners are expected to use locally available and affordable materials. Schools are also encouraged to use digital devices such as computers, laptops, projectors, and tablets to administer MLP assessment in a more interesting manner for the learners as well as reducing on costs of printing question papers.
Query Management Information System (QMIS)
The Query Management Information System (QMIS) is an electronic platform for online submission and processing of queries relating to examination results such as Certification of Examination Results for candidates who have lost their certificates, Confirmation of Examination Results and Equation of Foreign Qualifications.
Other queries handled by the system include:-
- Bio data amendments (name, photo, gender, year of birth, birth certificate number, citizenship, entry code.
- Direct Recoveries for KCPE/KCSE result slips, certificates and result printout.
- Results (marks) queries i.e. absenteeism, missing marks and payment queries.
Below is a detailed schedule of the QMIS process:-
A client needs a computer/mobile phone with internet access.
- Use the web address https://qmis.knec.ac.ke to access the QMIS system;
- If new, the user is then prompted to register, a registered user however logs in using their credentials;
- The Client then accesses the User Manual. The User can at this point identify the requirements relevant to his query and upload scanned copies of the requisite documents;
- They then make a payment of the amount as prompted by the system. Payments are by M-pesa;
- Upon successful processing of the query, KNEC, using the Client’s provided email or phone number, notifies them to collect their processed document(s). A client is at the point of collection required to avail original copies of the documents they had attached during the application process.
NB: The Client username and password are confidential. Do not disclose these to a third party. You MUST key in a valid email address and/or mobile phone number to receive feedback.
Our Teacher Examinations
The Teacher Education Examinations are professional examinations administered to persons wishing to join the teaching profession at various levels. These examinations are listed below: –
- Primary Teacher Education (PTE)
- Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE)
- Teacher Certificate in Adult Education (TCAE)
- Diploma in Special Needs Education Part I and II
- Early Childhood Development Education
- Certificate and
- Diploma Examination (ECDE)
Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE) examinations are courses taken by students who wish to specialize in Early Childhood Education.
The teachers who pursue the course are awarded with either Diploma or Certificate in ECDE after two years of study.
Click here to read more about the KNEC ECDE Registration Guidelines 2023-2024.
Diploma in Special Needs Education (SNE) examination is a two year course taken by teachers who wish to specialize in Special Needs Education after they complete the teacher training course at various levels. The teachers who pursue the course are awarded with Diploma in Special Needs Education.
Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE) examination is a three year course taken by students who wish to be teachers at secondary school level after they complete the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination. The students who pursue the course are awarded with Diploma in Teacher Education.
Send all KNEC enquiries to any of the following contact details below and you will be responded to as soon as possible:
- KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
Chief Executive Officer – P.O. Box: 73598 00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
- +254 020 3317412 / 3317413 / 3317419 / 3317427 / 3341027 3341050 / 3341071 / 3341098 / 3341113 / 2213381
- Fax: +254-020- 2226032