Meru University of Science and Technology School of Health Sciences
Meru University School of Health Sciences – Check the list of courses offered at School of Health Sciences…
The School of Health Sciences was established in 2012 with one Department of Public Health. Currently, the School of Health Sciences has eleven programmes and will soon launch the Department of Clinical Medicine and the Department of Health Records and Medical Education.
The School is housed in the Hospital Complex near the main gate of the University.
The School of Health Sciences has grown tremendously from a department in the School of Pure and Applied Sciences with two (2) programmes, two (2) lecturers and fifteen (15) students in 2012, to a school with five (5) undergraduate programs, three (3) Masters and three (3) PhD programmes and over four hundred students. Similarly, the number of permanent staff has grown exponentially from 2 to 17.
SHS has collaborations with the Ministry of Health, Meru County Government, AMREF, KEMRI, Kenya Methodist University, Michigan State University, University of Ulm and Hohenheim University in Germany in order to benchmark programmes.
To cater for the expanding school, the University has provided funds for the construction of a modern School of Health Sciences and Nursing Complex.
Courses on Offer
Programs offered in the School of Health Sciences
The following are the programs in the School
- PhD in Public Health
- PhD in Epidemiology
- PhD in Molecular Medicine
- Master of Science in Public Health
- Master of Science in Medical Education
- Master of Science in Epidemiology
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health and Development
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine and Community Health
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Records and information ManagementAPPLY FOR QUALITY HEALTH DEGREE IN THE SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES –MUST