KNEC Higher Diploma Courses
KNEC Higher Diploma Courses – Check Below:
Our Business & Technical Examinations
The Business and Technical Examinations are categorized under Post School examinations. These are professional examinations offered to candidates who have completed primary and/or secondary school education. The examinations are offered twice a year during the months of July and November. All courses are offered in both series.
Categories of examinations in Business Technical examinations.
- i) Single and Group – this is an examination where candidates can sit for single papers and obtain a certificate. After completion of the course, the certificates are combined into three levels of elementary, intermediate and advanced. With the advanced certificate, candidates can proceed to Higher Diploma or Degree level of education.
- ii) Artisan– these level places emphasis on acquisition/mastery of practical skills. Candidates are awarded after passing practical examinations. The levels are:
- Certificate courses
- Diploma courses
- Higher Diploma courses
Those who successfully complete any of the above courses can proceed to the next stage or join the job market. Holders of Diploma certificates can proceed to pursue Degree courses.
More information on Business and Technical examinations can be found in the Regulations for the TVET craft and diploma Business/Technical Examinations.
Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) Courses
The following levels of Technical Education Examinations are offered by the KNEC:-
i) Artisan Certificate Examinations.
ii) Craft Certificate Examinations.
iii) Diploma Certificate Examinations.
iv) Higher Diploma Certificate Examinations.
Candidates can sit these examinations under the Modular and Non- Modular curriculum. In modular curriculum, the Craft certificate examinations has two modules; I and module II, Diploma level has three modules; module I, module II and module III and Higher Diploma level has two modules; module I and module II.
Candidates must take all the examinations papers of the module at one sitting except for the referred candidates.
Kenya Certificate Of Secondary Education
The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination is an examination that is offered after four year cycle in secondary education. The examination is normally offered in November/December each year. It is open to all bona fide residents of Kenya who meet the examination requirements as stipulated by KNEC.
Holders of KCSE certificate may proceed to tertiary institutions to pursue degree, diploma, craft, and certificate and artisan courses.
Registration of Candidates
Registration of candidates for the KNEC examinations is based on the Regulations and Syllabuses for specific examination which give the guidelines and procedures required for the registration of candidates.
After all the information for the candidates has been keyed online, heads of institutions/schools MUST re-check the online report thoroughly to ensure that it is accurate. The head institution must then download the list of candidates, sign and stamp on the space provided and indicate all other details required in the nominal roll after verification.
The Ministry of Education will remit examination fees for all KCPE and KCSE candidates for both private and public schools. However the following candidates will be required to pay examination fees:-
- KCPE and KCSE private candidates
- Candidate in prisons
- Teacher Education candidates
- Business and Technical examinations candidates
The Registration of the mentioned KNEC examinations is done online.
Registration Of Candidates with Special Needs
The Kenya National Examinations Council has categorized the candidates with special needs as follows:-
- Visually impaired – low vision and blind candidates
- Hearing impaired candidates
- Physically challenged candidates
- Mentally Challenged candidates
Information on the above candidates giving details of index number, subjects and degree of impairment must be captured during registration.Depending on the degree of impairment, the Council will facilitate the candidates appropriately upon receipt of supporting evidence from competent medical authority.
For Candidate Registration visit click the button below:
All Examination fees must be paid through any of the following banks:-
- Co-operative Bank.
- National Bank of Kenya.
- Equity Bank.
- Kenya Commercial Bank.
A candidate is considered duly registered after fulfilling the following:
- Candidate’s details are successfully uploaded onto the registration platform for the specific examination.
- The subjects are duly selected as per subject cluster as stipulated in the regulations governing the specific examination.
- Payment of fees where applicable (examination fees is not refundable or transferable to another candidate nor to another year)
- Submission of all the candidates’ registration materials to KNEC
Registration of examination centres
Any new institution wishing to register candidates for KNEC examinations must fulfill the following:-
- Submit a valid registration certificate from the Ministry of Education; in case of school (KCPE & KCSE) and Teacher Education examinations.
- Business and Technical examination centres should submit a report from Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
- Complete and submit an application form for registration of a new examination centre which is available on KNEC website
- Submit a questionnaire duly filled by the Sub-County Director of Education or the Kenya National Examinations Council after inspection of the centre. This must be accompanied by a report giving recommendations on the status of the institution;
(The application must reach KNEC a year before registration of the candidates).
- When an examination centre relocates to a new premise it is required to apply to KNEC for re-inspection
The Council reserves the right to combine examination centres for purposes of ease of administration of examinations and for security reasons.
Brief Summary OF Registration Of Examination Centres
The minimum candidature that an examination centre is allowed to present for the various examinations is:-
- KCPE and KCSE – fifteen (15) candidates.
- Business, Technical and Teacher Education – ten (10) candidates.
- Foreign Examinations – fifteen (15) candidates.
Examination centres presenting fewer candidates than the required minimum are not recognized as examination centres and should be hosted by other examination centres.
Prisons and institutions presenting candidates with special needs are exempted from the above rule.
All examination centres are expected to log onto the KNEC Registration portal for specific examination and enter the candidates’ details using the school/centre registration password.
RELEASE OF EXAM RESULTS
Release of Results Slips
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) Bookshop was established in 1992 to offer feedback examinations reports, questions and marking schemes. In performing this mandate, KNEC seeks to ensure that all its stakeholders are well guided and informed on KNEC publications.
KNEC Bookshop is located at the ground floor of National Housing Corporation (NHC) Aga khan walk on Harambee Avenue. The KNEC Bookshop offers KNEC publications for sale to schools, students and candidates, education researchers and the public.
Mainly the products range from School, Post school and Teacher examination publications.
1. School Examinations include;
1.1 KCSE past papers
1.2 KCSE questions and marking schemes
1.3 KCSE feedback reports
1.4 KCSE examination syllabus
1.5 KCPE past papers
1.6 KCPE questions and answers booklet (The 2019 edition now available for 350/-)
1.7 KCPE feedback reports
- KCPE Report 2019 -1000/=
- KCSE Report 2019 Vol 1 – 400/=
- KCSE Report 2019 Vol 2 – 700/=
- KCSE Report 2019 Vol 3 – 400/=
- KCSE Report 2019 Vol 4 – 700/=
- KCSE Question and Answers 2019 – 2000/=
2. Business and Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) offers past revision papers for the following courses:-
2.1 Artisan Certificate Examinations
2.2 Craft Certificate Examinations
2.3 Diploma Certificate Examinations
2.4 Higher Diploma Certificate Examinations
2.5 TVET regulations
3. Teacher Education Examination
3.1 Past papers for DTE, ECDE, PTE and SNE
3.2 Teacher Education Regulations
The 2018 KCPE and KCSE feedback reports are now available at the Bookshop.
Dear Customer feel free to give us your opinion on how we can continuously improve on our service delivery to you.
THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
PUBLICATIONS SOLD IN THE BOOKSHOP WITH THEIR PRICE LIST
NO. DESCRIPTION UNIT PRICE(KSHS)
1 PAST PAPER 20.00
2 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2020 1000.00
3 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2019 1000.00
4 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2018 1000.00
5 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2017 1000.00
6 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2016 1000.00
7 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2015 860.00
8 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2013 760.00
9 KCPE FEEDBACK REPORT 2011 760.00
10 KCSE Q.P M/SCHEME 2011 2,270.00
11 KCPE B00KLET 2020 400.00
12 KCPE B00KLET 2019 350.00
13 KCPE B00KLET 2012 340.00
14 KCPE B00KLET 2011 340.00
15 ECDE REGULATIONS 350.00
16 SNE REGULATIONS 350.00
17 TEP REGULATIONS 350.00
18 TIVET REGULATION B/ TECH 350.00
19 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2020 2000.00
20 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2019 2000.00
21 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2017 1500.00
22 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2014 1800.00
23 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2013 1500.00
24 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2012 1500.00
25 KCSE Q.P & M/SCHEME 2011 2,270.00
26 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT 2011 2,560.00
27 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT 2012 VOL 1 240.00
28 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT 2012 VOL 2 700.00
29 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT 2012 VOL 3 350.00
KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT 2012 VOL 4 740.00
17 KCSE REPORT VOL I 2013 240.00
18 KCSE REPORT VOL II 2013 700.00
19 KCSEREPORT VOL IV 2013 470.00
20 KCSE REPORT VOL III 2013 350.00
22 KCSE Q&A 2013 1500.00
23 KCSE REPORT VOL II 2014 1200.00
24 KCSE REPORT VOL I 2014 700.00
25 KCSE REPORT VOL III 2014 710.00
26 KCSEREPORT VOL IV 2014 1100.00
27 KCSE REPORT V I 2015 700.00
28 KCSE REPORT V II 2015 1200.00
29 KCSE REPORT V III 2015 710.00
33 KNEC MATHS TABLE 6TH EDITION 525.00
35 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL1 2017 600.00
36 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 2 2017 700.00
37 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 3 2017 700.00
38 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 4 2017 700.00
39 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 1 2018 600.00
40 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 2 2018 700.00
41 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 3 2018 700.00
42 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 4 2018 700.00
43 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 1 2019 400.00
44 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 2 2019 700.00
45 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 3 2019 400.00
46 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 4 2019 700.00
47 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 1 2020 550.00
48 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 2 2020 1000.00
49 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 3 2020 550.00
50 KCSE FEEDBACK REPORT VOL 4 2020 1600.00
CONTACT PERSONS :
GIDEON MUSIVA TEL NO 0720704901
MARY MULUNGA TEL NO 072167454