Africa International University (AIU) Library
Africa International University AIU Library – Check below:
THE TONY WILMOT MEMORIAL LIBRARY
The Tony Wilmot Memorial Library is named after NEGST’s first Principal, Anthony Talbot de Burgh Wilmot. The collection consists of about 61,000 items. These include books, periodicals, Audio-Visuals, Maps, Pamphlets, CD ROMs and Online databases. It is one of the leading theological libraries in Africa. The library services are available to students, faculty, staff, Alumni and external researchers from other institutions and churches.
A leading resource center in provision and dissemination of information resources for learning and research.
- To equip the university community with information skills by developing and implementing information literacy
- User education programs and participating in teaching of courses to facilitate effective exploitation of information resources and develop critical thinking.
- To support the research, teaching, learning and administrative activities of the University; by selecting, organizing, maintaining and providing access to high-quality information resources of diverse formats within and without the university.
- To provide an appropriate and conducive environment, and facilities for the use of Library resources, and for individual and group study.
The AIU library staffs led by the University librarian are committed to serving you at all time to the use of the available information resources. Technical Services (Information processing) These include Acquisition, Cataloging and classification services.
This service is responsible for acquiring information materials through purchase, exchange and gift methods
Cataloging and Classification:
The cataloging and classification sections are charged with the responsibility of organizing the entire library collection to facilitate easy location and quick retrieval of information. The library uses the Library of Congress (LC) Classification Scheme.
- These involves interacting directly with the users, through enabling access to the collection via Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), Readers services, Circulation services, Reference and Referral services, Reprographic services, Current Awareness Services, Binding services, Inter-library the Circulation Services
- The circulation desk is charged with the responsibility of charging and discharging library information materials. Services and Audio-Visual services.
Reference and referral:
The reference services are provided to assist users to access the information or sources which contain information of interest to them, the library is rich with authoritative, up-to-date reference materials
This service is offered for users who need to make photocopies from reference books, reserve books and journal articles by booking with the circulation desk.
All new materials to the library are displayed for one week and all community members notified via email.
The library does spiral binding in the evenings and is able to connect clients with external permanent binders.
The information materials not available can be obtained from other libraries through inter-library loan service.
The library houses several audio-visual equipment and information materials on different subjects of study, they are used within the library only.
The Library operates within the following hours
Monday to Friday
8.00 am to 10.00 am
11.00 am to 11.00 pm
9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Sunday and Public Holidays
Visit Africa International University (AIU) Library at: https://library.aiu.ac.ke/
List Of Public Universities
List Of Private universities